problem in import graph-tool

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
Hi

I've installed graph-tool and when I try to import it, I get the following message:

>>> import graph_tool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "graph_tool/__init__.py", line 101, in <module>
    dl_import("from . import libgraph_tool_core as libcore")
  File "graph_tool/dl_import.py", line 57, in dl_import
    exec(import_expr, local_dict, global_dict)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name libgraph_tool_core

Any one can help to solve this problem?

Cheers!
M
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

Tiago Peixoto
Administrator
On 22.01.2015 12:44, malwanain wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've installed graph-tool and when I try to import it, I get the following
> message:
>
>>>> import graph_tool
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "graph_tool/__init__.py", line 101, in <module>
>     dl_import("from . import libgraph_tool_core as libcore")
>   File "graph_tool/dl_import.py", line 57, in dl_import
>     exec(import_expr, local_dict, global_dict)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: cannot import name libgraph_tool_core
>
> Any one can help to solve this problem?
This is most likely an installation problem, but it is difficult to say
without you giving us more information. What operating system and
versions of Python and Boost were you using? Did you compile it
yourself? If so, what options did you pass to the configure script, and
what was the output in the config.log file?

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>


_______________________________________________
graph-tool mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.skewed.de/mailman/listinfo/graph-tool

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago@skewed.de>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
Hi Tiago

I'm using OS X Yosemite, Python 2.7.9, and Boost Version 1.57.0. In terms of the installations, I followed the instructions in here and here.


Regards
M
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

Tiago Peixoto
Administrator
On 22.01.2015 14:43, malwanain wrote:
> I'm using OS X Yosemite, Python 2.7.9, and Boost Version 1.57.0. In terms of
> the installations, I followed the instructions in  here
> <http://graph-tool.skewed.de/download>   and  here
> <https://gist.github.com/openp2pdesign/8864593>  .

I can't vouch for these installation instructions myself, since I never
used homebrew, but it seems that there is a mismatch between the python
you are using and the one for which graph-tool was installed.

Unfortunately, you are still giving too little information to precisely
pinpoint the problem. That error message by itself does not say much...

I recommend you install graph-tool with macports, since it requires less
manual intervention.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>


_______________________________________________
graph-tool mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.skewed.de/mailman/listinfo/graph-tool

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago@skewed.de>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
Thanks

Yes, I did install graph-tool using macports. This problem occur when the installations done.
Please let me know What king of information do you want me to provide you?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

Tiago Peixoto
Administrator
On 22.01.2015 15:03, malwanain wrote:
> Yes, I did install graph-tool using macports. This problem occur when
> the installations done.

Then why did you link to the install instructions with homebrew?

> Please let me know What king of information do you want me to provide you?

You can send the full output and logs from the "port install" command.

But since you are using macports, you are better off opening a ticket at
their website. They are usually quick to respond:

      https://trac.macports.org/newticket

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>


_______________________________________________
graph-tool mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.skewed.de/mailman/listinfo/graph-tool

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago@skewed.de>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
In reply to this post by malwanain
Thank,

just quick question, does this tool graph-tool able to check the isomorphism of graphs which written in .dot(graphviz) which produced from other tool?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

Tiago Peixoto
Administrator
On 22.01.2015 15:50, malwanain wrote:
> Thank,
>
> just quick question, does this tool graph-tool able to check the isomorphism
> of graphs which written in .dot(graphviz) which produced from other tool?

Yes.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>


_______________________________________________
graph-tool mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.skewed.de/mailman/listinfo/graph-tool

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago@skewed.de>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
Hi


Again another problem, I've solved the previous problem and I got something else which is:

>>> import graph_tool
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Abort trap: 6

Any one face same problem?

Best
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

Tiago Peixoto
Administrator
On 22.01.2015 18:42, malwanain wrote:
>>>> import graph_tool
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
> Abort trap: 6

It looks like you are using a different python interpreter than the one
which was used to compile graph-tool. Beware that macports and homebrew
both install different python interpreters, which are in turn different
than the system's version.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>


_______________________________________________
graph-tool mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.skewed.de/mailman/listinfo/graph-tool

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <tiago@skewed.de>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem in import graph-tool

malwanain
Thanks Tiago, It works now!