disassortative constraints?

Peter Straka
Hello,
so clabel() and pclabel() serve as constraint labels: different values for nodes mean that nodes are placed in different groups, i.e. this is an assortative constraint (all nodes with the same label are place in one group).

Is there a way to do a disassortative constraints: nodes with the same label are placed in different groups?

Many thanks in advance,
Peter
--

Dr Peter Straka
Senior Research Fellow (DECRA) in Statistics

[hidden email] | strakaps.github.io | @strakaps

Re: disassortative constraints?

On 31.10.2017 06:48, Peter Straka wrote:
> so clabel() and pclabel() serve as constraint labels: different values for
> nodes mean that nodes are placed in different groups, i.e. this is an
> assortative constraint (all nodes with the same label are place in one group).

I assume you are talking about the "clabel" and "pclabel" _parameters_ (not
functions) to the BlockState class.

Your interpretation is not entirely correct. The correct one is that nodes
with the same clabel can be put in different groups, but those with
different values cannot belong to the same group.

> Is there a way to do a disassortative constraints: nodes with the same label
> are placed in different groups?

This does not make much sense. If you enforce this, the only possible
partition is where for each clabel value each node is put in its own group.

And no, there is now way to do this in graph-tool.

Best,
Tiago