compiling error: pycairo headers not found

JM

compiling error: pycairo headers not found

JM
Dear Tiago,

while trying to compile graph-tool for anaconda3 and python 3 we came across
following error message:
configure: error: pycairo headers not found

I ran the following command:
 ./configure --with-boost=/usr/local/anaconda3 --enable-openmp

Python3 is installed in /usr/local/anaconda3/bin and typing in python starts
the correct version.

The pycairo headers (py3cairo.h) are located in:
 /usr/local/anaconda3/include/pycairo

I am surprised it can't pick the file up, because it seems to pick up other
files from /usr/local/anaconda3/include.

Do you have any idea what we could have missed?

The  config.log
<http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/file/t496114/config.log>
is attached and I am running Ubuntu 16.04.

Many thanks,
Jana

--
Sent from: http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/

Re: compiling error: pycairo headers not found

Am 13.07.2018 um 07:03 schrieb JM:

> Dear Tiago,
>
> while trying to compile graph-tool for anaconda3 and python 3 we came across
> following error message:
> configure: error: pycairo headers not found
>
> I ran the following command:
>  ./configure --with-boost=/usr/local/anaconda3 --enable-openmp
>
> Python3 is installed in /usr/local/anaconda3/bin and typing in python starts
> the correct version.
>
> The pycairo headers (py3cairo.h) are located in:
>  /usr/local/anaconda3/include/pycairo
>
> I am surprised it can't pick the file up, because it seems to pick up other
> files from /usr/local/anaconda3/include.
>
> Do you have any idea what we could have missed?
>
> The  config.log
> <http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/file/t496114/config.log>
> is attached and I am running Ubuntu 16.04.

Dear Jana,

Please read the compilation instructions more carefully:

https://git.skewed.de/count0/graph-tool/wikis/Installation-instructions#manual-compilation

Since you are installing things in a nonstandard directory, you need to
specify it using --prefix. In your case it should be:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/anaconda3

Best,
Tiago

JM

Re: compiling error: pycairo headers not found

JM
Dear Tiago,

Thank you for your fast reply.

The new configure command I used was therefore:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/anaconda3 --with-boost=/usr/local/anaconda3 --enable-openmp

Unfortunately, the problem wasn’t solved. The new config.log is attached:

Do you have another idea what might help the configuration?

Best wishes,
Jana

On 13 Jul 2018, at 22:11, Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

config.log (141K) Download Attachment