Overlapping nodes in drawing

ilyco
I was wondering whether anyone used the drawing capabilities and ran into the
issue of overlapping nodes after calculating layout in various ways?

On the same note, did anyone find a solution for increasing the size of some
of the nodes, say based on their degree, and ensuring that they won't then
overlap with other nodes?

I am trying to find a solution without using the graphviz_draw function. I
also have a large network: 7000 nodes and 150000 edges which makes it more
difficult to manually manipulate values of position of overlapping nodes.

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/

On 14.10.2017 19:33, ilyco wrote:

> I was wondering whether anyone used the drawing capabilities and ran into the
> issue of overlapping nodes after calculating layout in various ways?
>
> On the same note, did anyone find a solution for increasing the size of some
> of the nodes, say based on their degree, and ensuring that they won't then
> overlap with other nodes?
>
> I am trying to find a solution without using the graphviz_draw function. I
> also have a large network: 7000 nodes and 150000 edges which makes it more
> difficult to manually manipulate values of position of overlapping nodes.
Preventing node overlap is not implemented directly in graph-tool, but you
can obtain it from graphviz:

   pos = graphviz_draw(g, vsize=10, overlap=False, output=None)
   graph_draw(g, pos=pos)