Error while updating

snehal
Dear Tiago,

I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and while updating I got the following error.

Err:16 http://downloads.skewed.de/apt/xenial xenial Release.gpg
  The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 7A80C8ED4FCCBE09 Tiago de Paula Peixoto <[hidden email]>

So as per the instructions page, I tried:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.skewed.de --recv-key 612DEFB798507F25

However, this returns the following:

Executing: /tmp/tmp.UgWxLPVkr2/gpg.1.sh --keyserver
pgp.skewed.de
--recv-key
612DEFB798507F25
gpg: requesting key 98507F25 from hkp server pgp.skewed.de
gpgkeys: key 612DEFB798507F25 can't be retrieved
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: keyserver communications error: keyserver helper general error
gpg: keyserver communications error: unknown pubkey algorithm
gpg: keyserver receive failed: unknown pubkey algorithm

What can be done?

Thank you
--
Snehal M. Shekatkar
Pune

Re: Error while updating

On 10.11.2017 03:54, Snehal Shekatkar wrote:
> Dear Tiago,
>
> I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and while updating I got the following error.
>
> Err:16 http://downloads.skewed.de/apt/xenial xenial Release.gpg
>   The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 7A80C8ED4FCCBE09 Tiago de
> Paula Peixoto <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Yes, the signature changed a while ago.

> So as per the instructions page, I tried:
>
> sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.skewed.de <http://pgp.skewed.de> --recv-key
> 612DEFB798507F25
>
> However, this returns the following:
>
> Executing: /tmp/tmp.UgWxLPVkr2/gpg.1.sh <http://gpg.1.sh> --keyserver
> pgp.skewed.de <http://pgp.skewed.de>
> --recv-key
> 612DEFB798507F25
> gpg: requesting key 98507F25 from hkp server pgp.skewed.de
> <http://pgp.skewed.de>
> gpgkeys: key 612DEFB798507F25 can't be retrieved
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
> gpg: keyserver communications error: keyserver helper general error
> gpg: keyserver communications error: unknown pubkey algorithm
> gpg: keyserver receive failed: unknown pubkey algorithm
>
> What can be done?
I can't reproduce this. I tried the same thing on different servers, and it
works fine...